Sunday, August 01, 2004

9 Exciting Things

I attended a training session yesterday and for the ice breaker, the facilitator asked us to write our full name on a piece of paper and a number between 1 - 10. 9 being my favourite number that is what I wrote. When the exercise was done, we were each asked to tell us exciting things about ourself - the number we had indicated on the paper.

I proceeded to say what I found exciting ... and I said being in love. The other participants were deathly silent and the facilitator asked me if I was in love and I said I most certainly was.

Is being love so far fetched these days that people have to actually ask if I was serious? When you think about how sad and depressing the world can be, I am surprised more people do not try to find love in the world. I believe that the reason so many people think that being in love is a strange phenomena is that they do not give themself a chance to be loved by someone else. We have all been hurt in one way or another, whether in love or other aspects of our life. But, it is these experiences that should inspire us to be happy rather than to turn away from it. So many times, I talk to other women and hear them say, they aren't looking for love anymore because it hurts too much and man nuh good and dem better off alone. They couldn't be more wrong. Yes, in some cases, you are better off alone but we are all so critical of our men sometimes and the things they do that we just think all men are like that. That is also very very wrong. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't some disgusting men out there who deserve to be kicked to the curb or in the gutter ... but not all of them are like that.

To these women I say, give love a chance. All you need is love. It is the most powerful emotion you will ever feel if you really and truly experience it. You have to let yourself go and feel the power of love. It is wonderful, truly wonderful!

No comments: