Friday, January 21, 2005

Work Work Work

So far I've managed to stay away from events at my place of employment. However, there are so many things peeving me right now that I just have to vent somewhere ... and where else but here!

Peeve #1
Incompetent, Arrogant, Sensically Challenged CoWorker

Stephen has been working with me for the past 3+ years. After all this time, this guy seems to have a severe brain fart everytime he has to think about something more detailed than printing a document. I mean, he asks me the simplest questions about things he should know and it annoys the hell out of me. I made it clear to him that I refuse to "clean up after him" when he creates a professional mess and that he needs to start using the noodles he has for a brain and stop draining mine.

Background: I am called a SME - Subject Matter Expert at my job. Anything that has to do with my line of work, I'm the one everyone in my company calls.

Mr. Everlasting Brain Fart then has the nerve to tell me that whether I want to accept it or not, no one will ever come and learn/know my job like I do. I immediately shot that thought right out of the sky because clearly he is intimidated by my knowledge and is afraid to step up to the plate. Hello ..... coward!! And then, he thinks he's God's greatest gift to the human race, particularly the females. I think that the fact that I'm a woman, younger than him, achieved more than him academically, really rated professionally, make more $$ than he does .... makes him feel a bit insecure and so he finds every other way to attempt to exhault himself.

He annoys me to the point now that I don't even want to see him or have him speak a word to me in Greek!!!

Peeve #2
Waiting ... good think I know Patience!!

Have you ever had a task to complete but you depend on someone else, whether internal or external to your company to provide you with the relevant information and you just never seem to get it in time????? I HATE THAT!!! Doing an investigation, the client is breathing down your back daily and every day you have to apologize profusely to them making excuses for other people. Things like this make you look incompetent and I don't appreciate anyone compromising my work and my professional reputation. I HATE THAT!!!!

I need to become self employed ASAP!

1 comment:

Scratchie said...

Hi CD, I guess we all have to put up with that sort of craaap once you work in corporate life and when you work for people. You have the right path mapped out. Open your own business if you can. Have a good weekend.