Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Mother's Love Pt. III

My father came to me yesterday and said my mother said some stuff to him yesterday and he can't understand. My boyfriend was there with me at the time and the 3 of us were talking again about the situation between myself and her. They both asked ... begged ... implored me to talk to her. Because these are the 2 most important people in my life, I reluctantly agreed to at least make an attempt to hear what she has to say. I told them that I'm through talking and that I'm initiating this communication purely to hear what she has to say. They said, no I should talk and listen as well. I said OK.

So, in the evening daddy left and we were here alone and I approached her and proceeded to talk, asking her about what daddy said this morning. It turned out to be very emotional and I spoke freely (yeah yeah, I ended up talking too) about my feelings and although she wanted me to get into details and listing of all the things I talked about in a general sense, I told her that I wasn't going to rehash the past. I spoke of 2 incidents, 1 of which she brought up but claimed she didn't remember the whole story about (don't worry, I reminded her which of course she denied but there was no denying it) and another which was sort of the last straw in the huge pile of straws I have dealt with in the past. She actually apologized to me, we cried, and we ended on the note that now that the air is somewhat clear, we will see how things go from here on.

We have had an amazing, incredible, mind boggling, chart topping 2 conversations today!!! That's a big step from 0.

Let's see how this progresses. Thanks to all for your support on this issue. I guess there is still hope yet.

2 comments:

Scratchie said...

Excellent step CD. Hope it works out for you.

Unknown said...

Congrats! I know how hard that was for you...but you have made a very big step, both of you. I am so proud of you both. Love you.