Saturday, November 13, 2004

DAY 3 OF TORTURE

After I stopped feeling sorry for myself (sort of) and decided that I might as well try to overcome this depression that I feel coming over me like a fog in the night, I took a shower, got dressed and decided to go on an exploration of this island of Tortola. For those who may not know, BVI is a group of over 50 islands, the main of these being Tortola and Virgin Gorda. A friend of mine said to me when I was leaving that when I return to Jamaica, I should either be British or a Virgin …. I know which one I won’t be …

Anyway, I put my clothes on and stepped out into the unknown. I walked to the end of the road, looked left, looked right and decided to go left. I found myself on the Marina which is a part of the crap of a hotel I’m staying (more on this later) and I walked on the dock, admiring the yachts and saying that I will own one of these things before I die. Then, I saw a semblance of a mall to the left of the Marina so I ventured in that direction. Nothing … Insurance Companies and 1 souvenir/gift shop! What kind of a mall is that???? The souvenir shop … just like every other in the Caribbean (almost), nothing worth even looking at. As I stepped out of this establishment, I now ventured right and then ……………………


It starts to rain! Fuck!! I finally decide that I might as well find something better to do than stay in the hotel room, sleep, watch TV, eat, shit, whatever … and the fucking rain!!
I’m so pissed. It rained, and rained, and rained, I had to walk back to the hotel in the rain! And then ….

Sneezing, sneezing, sneezing. I hope to God I don’t get sick. That I can’t deal with for sure.

What next????

1 comment:

Angry Dog said...

You nuh done know the #1 Jamaican home remedy for preventing colds after walking in the rain? Pat down you head and chest with some goold old Wray and Nephew white rum! Don't forget to drink a little bit for good measure as well.

{arf,arf}