Friday, November 04, 2005

I Quit!

This past week was one of those where I was so close to just taking my bags and all the stuff in my desk and just come home. I knew being an adult wasn't easy but I didn't count on it being this disgusting at times. Work just sucks. I love my job very much. What I hate about it is the people I have to work with, whether directly or indirectly who are either lazy, stupid or just don't give a shit. This week was one of those weeks where your activities are as follows:

1. Monday morning: get to work, make your "to do list" for the day. List has 25 items.
2. You proceed to attempt to complete tasks 1 by 1.
3. In the middle of task 1, you get a phone call/fax/email which calls for the interruption of task 1. The phone/email/fax now becomes task 2 and task 1 becomes task 0.5.
4. In the middle of now task 2 (notice your list is now at 26 items), you get another call/fax/email/visit from customer ... or worse all 4 or 3 out of 4 ... your list is now 30 items
5. You continue to experience 2, 3, and 4 throughout the entire day.
6. You are trying so hard to finish what you're doing that you don't even realize that you didn't eat your lunch, much less order it.
7. At the end of the day, you realize that of your original list of 25, you have only managed to complete 3 items, thus carrying over the incomplete items to add to tomorrow's list of "things to do"

Grrrr!!!

And ... when you depend on other person/departments to make things run smoothly and they
fuck up royally, it makes you even more pissed off at the situation. I love a challenge but after doing this job for the past 7 years, I feel that I need to expand my horizons into other areas. However, I suffer somewhat because I'm the most experienced one in my area, next in line to my boss when it comes to knowing the business we are in. So, I don't see them letting me go anytime soon. Not that I'm indispensible but ...

So, this was one of those hellish weeks that had me thinking I should take my 4-weeks vacation starting Monday. Unfortunately, that won't be possible right now and that sucks big time!!

Anyhoo, I'm just rockin' that it's the weekend, I don't have to be at work (well, sort of ... I work on call), don't have to deal with bull shit and idiots so ... I'm cool!

Have a smokin' weekend everyone.

No comments: