Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Raffle

After not having much to really share in the blogosphere these last few days, I had told myself I wouldn't post anything until I had something meaningful to share. Then I got this joke today and just know that the Mad Bull and Dr. D would thoroughly enjoy it ... so this one is for you guys!

A man from Kingston moved to the country and bought
a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer
agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day, the farmer drove up and said,
"Sorry, but me have some bad
news... "The donkey dead."

"Wha'?" "Well den, just gi me back mi money."

"Can't do that. Mi spen dat already."

"OK, then. Just leave the donkey with me."

"What you a go do wid him?"

"Me a go raffle dat."

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

"Yeah man, watch me. Mi just nah tell nobody seh 'im dead."

A month later the farmer met up with the Kingston man and asked,

"What
happen wid dat dead donkey?"

"Dat get raffle off boss. Mi sell 500 ticket fi $2 apiece and mek a profit
of $998."

"Suh nobaddy nuh cuss?"

"Ongle di man whey win. So me gi im back im $2"

9 comments:

Rev Island said...

Nice one. A dead Jackass is of more value than a live one. Same thing they say about lawyers, I guess.

Deelze said...

LMAO.....

That was a good one!!! He was one smart ass man let me tell you...~lol~

I really needed that! Although it was for Dr.D & Mad Bull *smile*

~Smooches~

Abeni said...

LOL,very funny

CoolDestiny said...

Bajan Queen, it was for everybody but know they would just love it!

Scratchie said...

lol...good one CD

Deelze said...

I know gurl....i was just joking!! *smile*

Rev Island said...

Thanks for surfing on into my blog, btw.

Unknown said...

LOL! That sound like a smart plan!

Mad Bull said...

Well, CD, you were right, I loved the story! :-) Good job!