Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What A Day!

Today was one of the longest days I've had in a while. I had to travel to Montego Bay for work today and decided to drive because of the several stops I had to make. The day progressed well. I got almost everything done and had to stop in Ocho Rios on my way back ... After leaving there, ended up in one of those infamous traffic jams on Mount Rosser ... Yes, we all know them, the two-truck collision, preventing the free-flow of traffic in both directions.

Ladies and gentlemen, I was in this for 1 1/2 hours. I fell asleep in my car! I can't wait for that leg of the highway to be finished so that we can be rid of those horrific trailers that make the Mount Rosser journey a challenge. Meantime, the road to Montego Bay is progressing quite nicely! I thought it would be finished by now but I must say there are quite some decent stretches for a car to have a picnic! My car had fun today going 140 km/h .... lovely!! I am a big speed demon and wished I had a real fast car! I would have so much more fun driving on those roads!

As you can appreciate, after waking up at 4:30 to leave this morning, stuck in the traffic, I'm exhausted ... and can't understand why I'm still awake at this time. Anyhow, such is life.

Take care everyone.

No comments: